Therapy Toronto Psychotherapy Definitions
- OACCPP stands for the Ontario Association of Consultants, Counsellors, Psychometrists and Psychotherapists, a professional association in Ontario.
- OASW stands for the Ontario Association of Social Workers.
- In the curious terminology of psychoanalysis, people who matter to us are termed 'objects' while we, in relation to them, are termed 'subjects'.
- Obsessions are ideas, images and impulses that run through the person's mind over and over again.
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder, also known as OCD, is characterized by obsessive thoughts and/or compulsive behaviors that significantly interfere with normal life.
- See Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder.
- OCSWSSW stands for the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers.
- OHIP is the Ontario Health Insurance Plan, a medical health insurance plan.
OHIP is the province’s tax-supported health insurance plan for residents of the Province of Ontario.
- On-line/Skype/VOIP psychotherapy uses video and audio software that allows you and your therapist to see and hear each other over a secure connection. It is a simple way to work with a therapist who may be too far to visit regularly.
- This word is now common in American English to describe a desirable and refreshing human quality of acceptance, trust and curiosity about the mysterious workings of the human spirit.
- Oppression is the unjust use of power, on a continual basis, by one group over another, using political power and ideology in a way that creates and sustains inequity in the distribution of resources.
- A term coined by Wilhelm Reich to describe the fundamental psychic-somatic essence of vitality.
- Orthorexia Nervosa
- Orthorexia nervosa refers to a fixation on eating healthy food.
- OSP stands for the Ontario Society of Psychotherapists, a professional grouping of psychotherapists based in Ontario.
- This term functions to speak of many things that were once subsumed under the term 'mystery'.
Psychotherapy glossary by Toronto Therapy Network is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at definitions.TherapyToronto.ca.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://TherapyToronto.ca/copyright.phtml.