Therapy Toronto Psychotherapy Definitions
- MA stands for Master of Arts, a university post-graduate degree.
- A nagging sense that life is quite grey, thwarted and unfulfilling due to vague feelings of discontent.
- The goal of marriage therapy is to remove the impediments to a loving, mutually satisfying life together. Marriage is based on many expectations and treated as a particularly important union in our society and when there is trouble in a marriage many family members are affected in addition to the husband and wife.
- MBTI/Myers-Briggs Type Indicator
- The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator is an inventory that attempts to help users to determine and explore their psychological type.
- MDiv stands for Masters in Divinity, a university post-graduate degree.
- MEd stands for Masters in Education, a university post-graduate degree.
- Meditation is a spiritual practice and emotional-intellectual discipline thousands of years old.
- Mental Wellbeing
- Mental wellbeing is the sense that a diverse range of emotions and moods, from mild to intense, can be handled and easily processed regardless of everyday ups and downs, even when facing some degree of personal challenge.
- Mid-Life Crisis
- Though change in life is constant and inevitable it sometimes reaches crisis proportions.
- Mindfulness or being mindful is being aware of the present moment in a non-judgmental way, with acceptance.
- Mindfulness-Based CBT
- Based on Jon Kabat-Zinn's Cognitive Therapy program at the University of Massachusetts Medical Center, MCBT includes simple breathing meditations and yoga stretches to help participants become more aware of the present moment, including getting in touch with moment-to-moment changes in the mind and the body.
- Money is a basic therapeutic issue. How we deal with money influences both our material well-being and our capacity to relate successfully to and with others.
Financial and money issues play a greater role in relationship break-down than sex. Most couples admit that fighting is usually about money and spending problems.
- The 'weather of the soul', mood is derived for the German word Mut, for weather. The analysis is particularly important within Daseinsanalysis since mood combines somatic, psychic and ontological issues.
- Mood Disorders
- The most common mood disorders are depression and bi-polarity.
- MSW stands for Master's of Social Work, a graduate university degree.
- MTC stands for Masters in Therapeutic Counselling, a university-level degree granted through the United Nations' World Health Organization.
- Mutual Analysis
- An innovation of Sandor Ferenczi, mutual analysis was intended to level the psychic playing field between analyst and 'patient'.
Psychotherapy glossary by Toronto Therapy Network is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at definitions.TherapyToronto.ca.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://TherapyToronto.ca/copyright.phtml.